New Players Only. Wagering occurs from real balance first. 50X wagering the bonus. Contribution may vary per game. Available on selected games only. The wagering requirement is calculated on bonus bets only. Bonus valid 30 Days from receipt. Max conversion: 3 times the bonus amount. Withdrawal requests voids all active/pending bonuses. Excluded Skrill & Neteller deposits. Full Terms apply.
Online Roulette New Zealand
When it comes to online roulette New Zealand players can choose from many casinos, however the best place to play the game is Conquer Casino. We’ve grouped together an amazing array of online roulette games for you to play, including French roulette, European roulette and American roulette, plus we also allow you to play free online roulette, so you can perfect your roulette strategy before playing for real money. So, if you’re looking to play roulette online, you’ve certainly managed to come to the right place!
History of Roulette
Roulette has been around since 1796 and the game was originally played in the casinos of Paris. The earliest form of the game had both a 0 and a 00, however the European/French roulette board came about in 1843 – it quickly gained popularity as the removal of the 00 gave players a better chance when they were playing the game. This led to a massive boost to the game’s popularity, and before long casinos in both Europe and the USA were offering the game to players.
The popularity of the game simply kept on spreading in the following years, and before long roulette was a game found in every good casino. When online gambling first started in the 1990s, roulette was one of the first online casino games created, as producers knew that it would have a high demand. Nowadays roulette is found in every online casino, including Conquer CasinoShift+Alt+J doesn’t work in Gutenberg editor, which we think is the best place to place roulette bets in the whole country.
How to Play Roulette
If you’re looking to play roulette, but have never played before, then don’t worry, as it’s one of the simplest games to play at an online casino. All you need to do to win is correctly predict where the ball will land on the roulette wheel – that’s all there is to it! There are a number of different types of bets you can place, ranging from simple bets like straight up and red or black, through to ore complex bets reserved for more experienced players. We’d recommend sticking to the simpler bets until you know exactly what you’re doing though.
So, here’s a quick step-by-step guide to playing:
- Place one or more bets on the board, paying attention to the odds that each bet type offers
- When you have finished placing chips, spin the wheel
- Wait and see where the ball lands on the roulette wheel
- If the ball lands on a number you’ve chosen, you’ll get some nice winnings!
The above guide applies for all forms of the game, from standard games through to live casino games, although at a live casino there will be a time limit when placing your bets.
For those who have never played the game, we’d recommend playing free roulette games for a few minutes first, just so you can learn the basic rules of the game. It shouldn’t take long before you’re on real money at the roulette table though!
Online Roulette Games
There are many different roulette games and they all work on the same basic principle. What’s more, they can also all lead to some big payouts! There are three basic forms of the game though, and they are:
- European roulette. This is seen as the basic form of the game. It has just one 0 and has a house edge of 2.70%.
- French roulette. This version also has a single 0, plus it has the la partage rule, which enables you to get half your money back if the ball lands on 0. The house edge is just 1.35%.
- American roulette. This version has both a 0 and a 00, and there is no la partage rule. This game has the highest house edge, as it is 5.26%.
All versions of the game are completely fair and use a robust random number generator. What’s more, all of our games have been tried and tested by independent companies, so you can be sure that you always have the same chance of winning as anyone else.
When it comes to online roulette NZ players won’t find a better site than Conquer Casino, and this is partly thanks to the great welcome bonus we offer. You’ll be able to get a bonus worth 100% of your first deposit, and this can be worth up to $200, and you can use this free money to play all the games featured on this website, including the many different variations of online roulette, as well as all other table games.
So, what are you waiting for? Why not go and claim your fantastic Conquer Casino welcome bonus right now?
Glossary of Terms
Below you’ll find a glossary for some of the more commonly used terms in online roulette…
- American roulette. A form of roulette. Unlike European and French roulette, American roulette has a double zero.
- Column bet. When you place a bet on the ball landing on a number featured in one of the three different columns.
- Combination bet. When you place a bet that covers two or more numbers, such as a split bet or a corner bet.
- Corner bet. A bet covering four different numbers. To place it, click where all four numbers meet on the board.
- Croupier. Another name for the dealer when playing live roulette at an online casino site.
- Dozen bet. Another term for a column bet.
- Double zero. A number that is only found on American roulette games.
- European roulette. One of three popular versions of the game, although European is the most popular of all in New Zealand.
- La partage. A rule in French roulette that allows the player to take back half their bet if the ball lands on 0.
- Line bet. When you place a bet on one of the rows of numbers, each of which contain three numbers.
- Mini roulette. A version of the game found at many online casinos, where you’ll only find 0-12 numbers on the reels.
- Straight up bet. When you place a bet simply on a single number.
- Split bet. When you place a bet that covers two different numbers on the board.