New Players Only. Wagering occurs from real balance first. 50X wagering the bonus. Contribution may vary per game. Available on selected games only. The wagering requirement is calculated on bonus bets only. Bonus valid 30 Days from receipt. Max conversion: 3 times the bonus amount. Withdrawal requests voids all active/pending bonuses. Excluded Skrill & Neteller deposits. Full Terms apply.
Live Blackjack New Zealand
Blackjack is one of the most exciting casino games in the world, so how can you make this great game even more exciting? The answer comes in the form of live dealer blackjack – a form of the game with the same rules, but completely different gameplay. This is because blackjack with live dealers sees you playing against a real dealer, beamed to your computer or mobile screen using cutting-edge technology. So, it’s the closest you’ll come to playing in a real casino without having to leave the comfort of your own home!
Playing at the live blackjack tables at the Conquer Casino’s live casino is now something that loads of different players in New Zealand now do, so why not join them today? You could find yourself winning some serious amounts of cash when you do!
How to Play Live Blackjack
As you’ll see when you start playing, live blackjack is a pretty easy game to play. We’re going to run through the rules below though, so you’re totally ready when you play online blackjack NZ at a live dealer casino. So, here’s how to play live blackjack at Conquer Casino…
- Pick the live dealer blackjack game you want to play
- Take a seat at the table and place your first wager
- You will then receive two cards face up, while the dealer will receive one face up card, and one face down card
- When it comes to your turn, you need to decide whether to hit, stand, split or double down – the choice you make really comes down to the cards you’ve received
- Keep deciding whether to hit or stand until you hit 21 or are close to it. If you go over 21, you’ll find that you lose automatically
- If you manage to get closer to 21 than the dealer, you’ll double your money – unless you get blackjack, in which case you’ll receive a prize worth 3:2
- Start the whole process again – each blackjack online game is very fast, so you’ll get through plenty of them in your playing session
If you are looking to learn the game, remember that you can play free blackjack at Conquer Casino. We’d recommend using these free games to understand the basic strategy and the rules, before then converting over to real money blackjack games.
Blackjack is a game with reasonably simple rules, which is one of the main reasons why so many online gambling fans love to play the game. The basic goal in blackjack rules is to get closer to 21 than the dealer, without ever going over that magic number. You do this by taking more cards until you want to stop. If you do go over 21, you automatically lose, even before the blackjack dealer has taken their turn. Get 21 or under and you’ll have to wait for the dealer to take their turn, and you’ll be hoping that they don’t get the cards they’re looking for!
You should also be aware of the various side bets you can often find when playing live online blackjack. These are optional bets that you can make before the cards are dealt, and one of the most popular side bets is called Perfect Pairs. This side game essentially sees you getting a payout when you get dealt any pair. Remember: you have the option of whether to make this bet, and many new players like to learn the rules of the main game first, before trying to understand the side game too.
Bets & Payouts RTP
There’s no random number generator in live blackjack, so you can’t absolutely guarantee an RTP, as much is left to chance. The overall RTP of live blackjack though is generally somewhere around 99% though, meaning the house edge is often less than 1%, however you will only achieve this RTP if you play absolutely perfect blackjack strategy. As this is extremely hard to do – only the very best blackjack players in the world can do it – you’ll generally find that the RTP is lower than the optimum amount.
But what about the payouts when you play online blackjack live? Well, if you manage to beat the dealer, you will win a prize worth 1:1, which means that you basically double your bet. The only exception to this is if you manage to get blackjack – which is when you’re dealt an ace plus a 10-value card – as this will result in you receiving a prize worth 3:2 (unless the dealer also manages to get blackjack, in which case it will be a draw).
Blackjack Strategy and Tips
The first important blackjack tip to remember is this: don’t just look at your own cards – also look at the dealer’s. This will help you make good decisions, as the dealer’s face up card will often influence whether you hit or stand. Just look at this example: you have cards totalling 15 and the dealer is showing a 6. This means that there’s a good chance that the dealer will get higher than 15, so you’ll want to hit. Now imagine that the dealer is showing a 4. This means that you’ll have a good chance of beating them with just 15, so you’ll probably want to stand.
You should also look into card counting when you’re trying to up your live blackjack game. We haven’t got enough room to go into this subject here, but you’ll be able to find tutorials on card counting at many sites online. Land-based casinos might ban you for counting cards, but you won’t get kicked from the table when you play at Conquer Casino!
You should also remember to use your bonus funds wisely and remember that you can use bonus money to play live blackjack, as well as all other table game titles at Conquer Casino. To claim your welcome bonus, just sign-up with Conquer Casino today and double your money. Don’t forget to also keep an eye out for any live blackjack bonus offers we might be running, as these can also add a nice sum of bonus money into your account.
Live Blackjack Glossary of Terms
Live blackjack NZ players might come across some terms when playing blackjack at an online casino, and they’ll need to understand them in order to get the most enjoyment possible. That’s why we’ve created this brief but handy blackjack glossary to accompany you when you play blackjack online…
- Blackjack. Both the name of the card game and the name given to any hand totalling 21 after the first two cards are dealt.
- Bust. Getting any total above 21.
- Double Down. When you double your bet after the cards are initially dealt. You will then receive just one more card into your hand.
- Hit. To ask for another card – if it takes you over 21, you’ll be declared bust.
- Hole Card. The card in the dealer’s hand that is face down.
- Insurance. When the dealer is showing an ace, the player can make a side bet. They will receive a payout if the dealer then goes on to get blackjack.
- Push. Another name for a tie in live blackjack.
- Split. If a player is dealt two cards of the same value, they can split them into two separate hands, but only if they double their bet.
- Stand. When you decide to take no more cards.
- Surrender. To throw away your hand before playing, which will lead to you receiving 50% of your bet back.
Should you fancy a change from live blackjack, be sure to check out our live roulette NZ games!